Answer Clinical Application Questions 1-3 for Chapter 21 on page 614 and Clinical Application Question 1-3 for Chapter 22 on page 642. Answers should be submitted in a word document with any associated references used.
Answer Clinical Application Questions 1-3 for Chapter 21 on page 614
1) A hospitalized patient recovering from surgery develops an infection that has blue-green pus and a grapelike odor. What is the probable etiology? How might the patient have acquired this infection?
2) A 12-year old diabetic girl using continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion to manager her diabetic developed a fever (39.4 degree C), low blood, abdominal pain, and erythroderma. She was supposed to change the needle-insertion site every 3 days after cleaning the skin with an iodine solution. Frequently she did not change the insertion site more often than every 10 days. Blood culture was negative, and abscesses at insertion sites were not cultured. What is the probable cause of her symptoms?
3) A teenage male with confirmed influenza was hospitalized when he developed respiratory distress, He had a fever, rash, and low blood pressure. S. aureus was isolated from his respiratory secretions. Discuss the relationship between his symptoms and the etiological agent
Clinical Application Question 1-3 for Chapter 22 on page 642.
1) A 1-year-0ld infant was lethargic and had a fever. When admitted to the hospital , he had multiple brain abscesses with gram-negative coccobacilli. Identify the disease, etiology, and treatment.
2) A 40-year-old bird handler was admitted to the hospital with soreness over his upper jaw, progressive vision loss, and bladder dysfunction. He had been well 2 months earlier. Within weeks he lost reflexes in his lower extremities and subsequently died. Examination of CSF showed lymphocytes. What etiology do you suspect? What further information do you need?
A normal baby gained weight appropriately for 12 weeks. Then she stopped feeding. Her right eardrum was inflamed, she had a stiff neck, and her temperature was 40 degree C. Examination of CSF revealed Gram-negative coccobacilli. Identify the disease and treatment
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Microbiology Day Nine Assignment was first posted on July 5, 2019 at 9:48 pm.
©2019 “nursingassignmenttutor”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at