We are just about down this term (last assignment this week is a PowerPoint – see directions below) ensure you review your gradebook to ensure you are caught up with paper submissions. I can work w
We are just about down this term (last assignment this week is a PowerPoint – see directions below) ensure you review your gradebook to ensure you are caught up with paper submissions. I can work with you on due dates right up to the last day of class. After that final grade averages are turned in the very next day. I can’t believe Fall is just around the corner! I ran across an interesting article concerning military needs and how communities can be involved. Approximately 30 percent of separated veterans exhibit symptoms of PTSD and/or substance abuse. These are problems which affect the entire family, with an impact on children’s cognitive learning, emotional stability and risky behaviors. Some of these children need early identification and screening, substance abuse prevention services and mental health services aimed at social and emotional stability.
Several cities, counties and regions have formed veteran and military family collaborative, made up of both veteran-serving agencies and their civilian children and family-serving counterparts. These networks can do their own resource inventories, and gradually, as they build up information about services and needs, they can develop an annual report card that tracks not only who is being served — but how their numbers compare with total needs in the area. That results in a network that is not just a bunch of meetings, but a coalition of shared accountability that helps those families in need. Have a good week – please stay in touch with any questions. – Dr. Mark
Assignment 5: Preparing for the Agency’s Future, Part 5
Due Week 10 and worth 100 points
Refer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of eight to ten (8-10) slides. Address the agency’s future using the following criteria (taken from Chapter 12):
- Analyze at least three (3) challenges of succession planning for your selected agency.
- Propose at least three (3) components of effective implementation of succession planning.
- Discuss at least three (3) skills for managing personnel through turbulence, providing a rationale for each skill.
- Recommend at least three (3) innovations for succession planning, providing a rationale for each recommendation.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website)
Note: Please make sure in-text citations are utilized within the PowerPoint presentation, note section, and referenced on the Reference slide.
The format of the assignment is to be as follows:
- Develop eight to 10 (8-10) PowerPoint slides, with one or two (1 or 2) devoted to each of the topics in items 1-4 above. Slides should abbreviate the information in no more than five or six (5 or 6) bullet points each.
- Incorporate 200-250 words of content in the Notes View of each PowerPoint slide. (These would be used while presenting the slides to an audience.
- Slide titles should be based on the criteria described above (e.g., “Challenges of Succession Planning,” etc.)
- In addition to the content slides required, a title slide and a reference slide are to be included. The title slide is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date. The reference slide should list, in APA format, the sources you consulted in writing the paper.