In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations,references, and examples that demonstrates a clear connection to the readings.
In your participation responses to your peers, comments must demonstrate thorough analysis of postings and extends meaningful discussion by building on previous postings.
Note: Review South University’s Substantive Participation Policy Criteria, Helpful Tips, and Late Policy available by clicking on the South University Policy and Guidelines navigation tab. The late policy applies to late discussion question responses.
- Professional socialization relates to the manner in which we learn the roles and functions of being a nurse once we enter the healthcare system. What are some of the ways this socialization occurs in your place of employment, and do you believe it leads to effective assumption of the nursing role? This socialization occurs in a patriarchal healthcare system that still remains predominantly male physician-based. Discuss the impact, you believe, this has on socialization to the nursing role.
Consider the role of the nurse as an interdisciplinary team member in completing research and using research findings to inform health care practices.
Review the following.
- Women’s Health Initiative retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi
- Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. (see Journal in Reading)
Answer the following questions.
- Discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse as an interdisciplinary research collaborator and member of the interdisciplinary team obligated to co-participate in the implementation and use of evidence-based practice.
- End your discussion by providing an example of an evidence-based change that would require the collaborative efforts of nursing and at least two other healthcare disciplines and that would lead to quality improvement in healthcare.