Psychology Writing Expectations and Models
As we mentioned in the unit introduction, writing is a core competency in psychology and an excellent medium for contributing to the field of psychology and continuing to advance within your future career path. For this discussion, let’s share our findings from our exploration of APA style, writing models, and our own writing growth areas. Respond to the following questions:
- What article or reference did you find to use as a model for your own scholarly and professional writing in the unit study activity? Post the APA citation for the reference. Please give a brief descriptive summary of the article or reference.
- How is this model relevant to your development as a scholarly and professional writer in the field of psychology?
- How do you envision using writing to further your future career path and contribute to the field?
- In your review from Smarthinking, what helped you the most? What were your strengths and weaknesses?
- What strategies, resources, and support will you use to develop your competence in communicating in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of the profession of psychology?
If you have any trouble using Smarthinking, finding a writing model, or locating writing resources to support your development needs, use this discussion to receive support from your peers and instructor to work through your challenges.