Political Spectrum Writing Assignment
- Read the article by Timothy Ferris, “Conservative is not opposite Liberal, That’s Totalitarianism”. Link is attached here: ferris.PDF
- Using the book and the internet, identify a one-dimensional political spectrum.
- Draw a one-dimensional political spectrum and include the following: Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, Green Party, Tea Party/Reform Party, Progressives/Liberals, Conservatives, Fascists, Communists, and Socialists.
- Next, Draw a two-dimensional political spectrum (like Ferris) and label the same parties as above on this spectrum as well. Use the attached PDF to see the drawing of the two dimensional spectrum that Ferris completed. There should be no excuse. Make sure to view the pdf to see the political spectrum. The second drawing should be like Ferris’!
- Finally, explain why you put the political parties where you did on the spectrum, and compare and contrast your findings. (4 pages) Don’t forget to identify a one political spectrum.
- Do not forget thesis statement and good structure. Make sure to be specific and use examples!!
- Be sure to include conclusion paragraph. Everything must be explained in full detail. Be thorough.