1. Since assisted living facilities focus primarily on quality of life and autonomy for consumers, they must contract with outside agencies in order to provide healthcare services for their residents.
1. Residents who move from an independent living community to an assisted living facility most often do so because of:
|increased functional capacity|
|dissatisfaction with the services provided|
|decreased independence or functional ability|
|desire to be closer to family|
1. A hospital that purchases a nursing home and a home care agency is creating a horizontally integrated system
1. One weakness of the current long-term care system is that it focuses on payment availability. The reason it has this focus is that:
|services are distributed unequally.|
|it is a reimbursement-driven system.|
|it is a fragmented system.|
|there are multiple entry points into the system|
1. Given the philosophy of hospice, palliative care is more important that curative care
1. What is true about accreditation?
|It is required by law for all long term care providers.|
|There are mandated penalties for not being accredited.|
|It is the process by which agencies are listed as eligible to provide a regulated service.|
|It is given by private agencies that are funded by the participating providers.|
1. The vast majority of all long term care facilities are owned by for-profit organizations.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Residents who move from an independent living community to an assisted living facility most often do so because of appeared first on nursing assignment tutor.